Aspen/Snowmass announces lineup for The Meeting
Aspen Snowmass is proud to once again host The Meeting in Aspen, Colo. Oct. 2-4, 2014. In addition to being the premier snow film festival with the latest ski and snowboard releases, The Meeting serves as the foundation for a weekend of panels, speakers, networking, music, art and fashion. Now in its 10th year, The Meeting has grown into an influential conference for snow and action sports brands, film makers, media and resorts to attend. Registration for The Meeting starts at $349 per person, which includes all panels, movies, activities, music and parties. Visit www.aspensnowmass.com/themeeting/schedule for the complete film and event schedule.
“The evolution of The Meeting over its 10 year history has set the event on a path of consistently delivering unique experiences and incredible networking opportunities to attendees,” says Deric Gunshor, Senior Manager Event Marketing, Aspen Skiing Company.
On Friday, Oct. 3, top minds from inside-and-outside the snow sports industry will gather to provide unique perspectives that facilitate thought-provoking discussion on a variety of topics rooted in growing and supporting the snow sports business. The event will feature panels on content creation, social activism in business and presentations on digital audience, efficiency and additional topics. The following panelists are confirmed, with more speakers and the final conference agenda to be announced soon.
- T.A. McCann – is a CEO, an entrepreneur, a member of two America Cup teams and founder of Rival IQ. www.rivaliq.com
- Pat Mcilvain –is Vice President of Global Sports Marketing at Oakley Inc. Pat is responsible for athletes and event integration for Oakley worldwide. Pat is also President of 1242 Productions, a media production group under the Oakley banner, which is responsible for action sport video titles such as: Session 1242, The community Project, Separate Volume, Our life, Push Process, Uniquely, Tracking Erero and more. www.oakley.com
- Abe Kislevitz – handles media production at GoPro. He is a media creator, tech geek and an outdoor enthusiast. www.gopro.com
- Chris Miller – Social Mission Activism Manager at Ben & Jerry’s, where he develops consumer facing activism campaigns that support the company’s progressive mission and values. Previously Chris led the sustainability work at Seventh Generation, directed Greenpeace USA’s national climate campaign and served on the staff of then Congressman Bernie Sanders. www.benjerry.com
- Kim Coupounas – heads B Lab, Colorado, a state chapter of the Benefit Corporation movement, which supports businesses that want to do good as well as make money. Kim is co-founder of Boulder-based outdoor manufacturer and retailer GoLite, where she served as CEO and Chief Sustainability Officer. She has also served as Chairman of the Board of the Outdoor Industry Association. www.bcorporation.net
- Rob Campbell – General Manager and Editor-In-Chief of Transworld Business, the action sports industry’s leading source for trade news, trends, and new product information. Rob has worked in media for over 20 years, serving a number of key roles including editor at Snowboarder Magazine and Editorial Director for Transworld Media. www.business.transworld.net
Registration and tickets
Registration for The Meeting 10 is now live at the OFFICIAL REGISTRATION PAGE.
Event Pass Registration ($349 before Sep. 22, $399 after Sept. 22) includes:
- Industry Conference Session Day (Oct. 3) with lunch provided
- Happy hour following conference sessions
- Go-cart Racing (Oct. 4)
- Guaranteed entry to the latest released ski and snowboard films
- Ticket for two nights of music at Belly Up (TBA – Oct. 2 & TBA – Oct. 4)
- Bike rentals and gondola foot passenger tickets
- Complimentary drinks at all movies, music and opening party
- Official Helly Hansen custom event fleece
For only the conference portion, registration is available for $225. This includes lunch and happy hour.
This year’s feature films include: Marie-France Roy – The Little Things, Matchstick Productions – Days of My Youth, Stept Productions – Ten & Two, Level 1 – Less, Teton Gravity Research – Higher, Teton Gravity Research – Almost Ablaze, Shredbots – The Movie, Will Film For Food – Sol Food.
The Limelight Hotel will once again be the official headquarters for The Meeting. For reservations please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.433.0832. www.limelighthotel.com
The following two tabs change content below.